Electric toothbrushes may not be the most exciting thing to most people, we wouldn’t blame you for thinking such! However, boring and functional they may be, they serve a real purpose and are more important than you may give credit for.
In an effort to reduce the boring nature of the electric brush, Ryan Donaghy of Dot Company has designed what he deems ‘the coolest electric toothbrush in the world’.
We have spoken a couple of times about the t.brush as we are pleased to see how Ryan is trying to challenge what is the norm in toothbrush design.
Whilst cleaning teeth effectively is the purpose of the brush, the design and styles available allow the toothbrush to be a better reflection of you and not be the traditional clinical looking things that we are used to.
Initially pitching to dragons on the BBC programme Dragons Den, Ryan has moved to Kickstarter to look to fund this reinventing the toothbrush campaign that was not to the dragons liking.
Aiming to raise £175,000 by the 8th August 2015, the Kickstarter campaign can be accessed here and a t.brush picked up from £55.
T.brush – Challenging the norm
Set to challenge the industry, the first key noticeable difference with t.brush is the design, slim and narrowing is the brush handle, it does not stand like many brushes do, unless in the dock.
The fundamentals of all the t.brush irrespective of design is that the have a custom designed lithium polymer battery that delivers 70% longer battery life than comparable brushes and takes 3 times less to reach full charge. This is said to give up to 2 weeks brushing without charging.
Each brush uses the popular oscillating and rotating technology, commonly associated with Oral-B electric toothbrushes. The custom designed motor delivers 9000 rotations per minutes and has 5 cleaning modes along with a 2 minute timer and 30 second quadpacer.
With universal voltage the brush can be charged globally via the supplied docking stations or using an optional extra, each t.brush can be used within the USB charging case.
There are 7 different brush styles.
What’s in the box?
- T.brush including brush head
- Flosshead attachment
- Charging dock
- Power adapter
- USB Travel Case (subject to packaged chosen
- USB cable
USB Travel Case
Unlike anything we have seen before the travel case allows a USB cable to be connected to it and charged from a USB port or adapter. This is truly innovative and a great addition.
The rewards/package options
There are lots of different support options depending on your budget and desires.
- Pledge £1 or more
- Membership to t.brush online store when it launches with exclusive launch only offers and updates on development progress.
- Pledge £17 or more
- Limited edition t-shirt (limited to 350)
- Pledge £55 or more (limited to 500)
- Choose any style of t.brush.
- Pledge £59 or more (limited to 2000)
- Choose any style of t.brush.
- Pledge £65 or more
- Choose any style of t.brush and a FREE USB charging case
- Pledge £82 or more
- Limited edition. Choose any style of t.brush. A special Thank You etching of your name or company logo in the handle of the brush. FIrst chosen from each style batch along with certificate. Free USB charging case.
- Pledge £125 or more
- 2 pack. 2 t.brush in any combination of styles. 2 FREE USB charging case
- Pledge £210 or more
- 3 pack. 3 t.brush in any combination of styles. 3 FREE USB charging case. 3 x 1 year (4 heads) supply of reflils.
- Pledge £428 or more
- 7 pack. 7 t.brush in any combination of styles. 7 FREE USB charging case.
- Pledge £592 or more
- 10 pack. 10 t.brush in any combination of styles. 10 FREE USB charging case.
- Pledge £5000 (limited to 10)
- Receive 1 of 10 EXCLUSIVE GOLD t.brush products. PLated in 24 carat gold. Soft black matte leather USB charging case. Your name or company logo etched into the handle. VIP member. Receive FREE t.brush products every year for life including an annual supply of refill heads.
- Pledge £5000 (SOLD OUT)
- Custom designed t.brush. Branded with your chosen name. Distributed golabally. Fly to Taiwan to see the brushes being made. Receive the very first one off the factory production line complete with certificate. Become part of the t.brush family and receive FREE t.brush products every year for life including an annual supply of refill heads.
How much has to be raised?
What’s different and special about this?
It challenges the design and features of a brush. Offering 7 different styles, improved battery life of up to 70% and unique features like USB charging.
What do I get for my money?
What you get depends on the amount you pledge in support. Whilst pledges start at £1, £55 will get you a brush.
When will it be delivered?
If you back the campaign and it is successful,it is anticipated that deliveries will commence in December 2015.
Is it better than Oral-B or Philips Sonicare?
This is up for debate, no clinical trials have been carried out. T.brush uses the same oscillating rotating technology as Oral-B. All will remove 100% more plaque than a manual brush.
Can you use Oral-B heads with this?
No. It is an entirely different product and uses a different head despite the similar technology used.
When does it end?
2AM (BST) 8th August 2015
Where can I find out more or support?
Head over to the Kickstarter campaign – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/94033240/tbrush-the-damn-coolest-electric-toothbrush-in-the