If you have been looking at electric toothbrushes it is quite possible you may have come across brushes from Oral-B which include a SmartGuide.
However, if you are like us you may have found it difficult to really understand what a wireless smart guide is and what it does.
Let us help take some of the mystery away and explain what it is.
What is a Wireless SmartGuide?
The smartguide is a compact digital unit powered by 2 x AA batteries that has been designed to placed in your bathroom.
It is essentially a visual tutor that encourages and guides you to do a better job when it comes to cleaning your teeth.
Acting as as a clock when not in use; but when your compatible Oral-B electric toothbrush is used, the display is triggered and shows a timer and visual indicator. It provides real time feedback to you as you use the brush.
This timer counts up, how long you have been brushing your teeth for whilst showing what quadrant of the mouth you should be in.
It will also show the cleaning mode you are on via a symbol at the top of the display.
The principle behind it is to be a tool to you as you clean your teeth, to do so for the correct amount of time in total whilst spending the correct time on each quadrant and generally cleaning your teeth better.
A face appears within the quadrant guide with either a smile or a sad face depending on your performance. Brush too hard and you get a sad face. Brush for 2 minutes get a happy face.
As you complete each quadrant a star appears at the bottom of the display. When all 4 quadrants are complete, 4 stars show.
Oral-B demonstrate and explain this themselves in their very own video below.
Which brushes have a SmartGuide
At the time of writing the brushes that come supplied with or work with a wireless smartguide are.
Whilst you need a compatible brush, if more than one person in the household has a brush you can actually programme the smartguide to work with up to 2 different brush handles.
To do so, follows these steps.
- Push the «h/min» button in the battery compartment for at least 3 seconds.
- When SmartGuide shows «L—», turn on your brush handle to start the synchronisation process.
- When finished the SmartGuide will show «L-1-» on the display. Turn off the handle.
- To assign a second handle to the same SmartGuide turn on the other handle until «L-2-» is displayed. After having synchronized the second handle, «Full» will be displayed.
- Exit the synchronization mode by pressing the «h/min» or «set» button, otherwise it will end automatically after 30 seconds.