Wondering how long the warranty is on your electric toothbrush?
Has it gone faulty and you think it should be repaired for free?
Let us explain the Oral-B electric toothbrush warranty.
- Oral-B brushes come with a 2 year warranty as standard. This can be extended to 3 years here
- Guarantee commences from the date of purchase.
- Buy the brush on 1st February 2015, the warranty will be valid until 21st January 2017 or January 2018 if you register the brush online.
- Under the terms of the guarantee Oral-B will for free of charge repair any defects of problems with the toothbrush that are as a result of fault in the materials or workmanship in the construction and manufacture of the product.
- If the brush stops working for no reason this would be repaired for free.
- If the brush stopped working because it has been dropped from height and damaged it this would not be covered.
- The guarantee does not cover faults as a result of improper use.
- If you try to repair or modify the brush the warranty will not be valid.
- Wear and tear of brush heads are not covered under the warranty.
- The warranty repair must be carried out by Oral-B/Braun Customer Service Centre.
- The warranty will be voided if electric rechargeable handle damage is found to be attributed to the use of non-Oral-B replacement brush heads
If you wish to read the full wording of the Oral-B warranty, then it is provided at the end of this post.
With the main points of the Oral-B warranty covered you may have a few questions. We answer those for you below.
- How do I get my Oral-B brush repaired?
- If you need your toothbrush repaired under warranty and it conforms to the warranty as indicated above then you must call 0800 783 7010 in the UK and speak to customer services who will inform you of the next steps.
- Where do I need to send it?
- The repair process and the method of getting the brush to the service centre can change. For accurate and up to date information please contact Oral-B on 0800 783 7010.
- Will they collect the toothbrush?
- The costs of sending and returning the brush to you will be covered by the guarantee. To find out the process for getting your brush to the service centre please contact Oral-B customer services on 0800 783 7010.
- How long will I be without a toothbrush?
- The exact period of time you will be without an electric toothbrush will vary depending on the brush, the problem, the time of year and other variables. As a general rule the repair process will be completed within 7-14 days.
- Will they not just replace the toothbrush?
- Whether Oral-B decide to repair or replace the toothbrush is dependent on the problem and their decision in each particular case, there is no guarantee that it will simply be swapped.
- Do I need my receipt?
- Retaining your receipt will be advantageous when it comes to booking your toothbrush in for any warranty repair so it is worth keeping hold of. However, it is not essential and often repairs will be carried out without providing this.
- How do I contact them?
- You can contact customer services for Oral-B in the UK using contact number: 0800 783 7010
Oral-B Warranty Official Wording
We grant 2 years guarantee on the product commencing on the date of purchase. Within the guarantee period we will eliminate, free of charge, any defects in the appliance resulting from faults in materials or workmanship, either by repairing or replacing the complete appliance as we may choose. This guarantee extends to every country where this appliance is supplied by Braun or its appointed distributor. This guarantee does not cover: damage due to improper use, normal wear or use, especially regarding the brush heads, as well as defects that have a negligible effect on the value or operation of the appliance. The guarantee becomes void if repairs are undertaken by unauthorised persons and if original Braun parts are not used. To obtain service within the guarantee period, hand in or send the complete appliance with your sales receipt to an authorised Oral-B Braun Customer Service Centre. This guarantee in no way affects your rights under statutory law. Warranty replacement brush heads Oral-B warranty will be voided if electric rechargeable handle damage is found to be attributed to the use of non-Oral-B replacement brush heads. Oral-B does not recommend the use of non Oral-B replacement brush heads. Oral-B has no control over the quality of non Oral-B replacement brush heads. Therefore, we cannot ensure the cleaning performance of non-Oral-B replacement brush heads, as communicated with the electric rechargeable handle at time of initial purchase. Oral-B cannot ensure a good fit of non-Oral-B replacement brush heads. Oral-B cannot predict the long-term effect of non-Oral-B replacement brush heads on handle wear. All Oral-B replacement brush heads carry the Oral-B logo and meet Oral-B’s high quality standards. Oral-B does not sell replacement brush heads or handle parts under any other brand name.